“Writing” has been something on that bookshelf in my head that I’ve carried around with me for years and never done more with than pick it up and dust it off once in a while. So, sitting down to launch this blog is one of those sweat producing, heart pounding, dry mouth type of adventures. And even as I type that, I smile, and I can feel my eyes twinkle because walking to the edge and leaping is one of the things that makes me me.
Of course there are a lot of things that make me me, many of which I am still learning. The ones that I’m sure of and that are at the forefront of my attention right now include:
- I’m a wife.
- I’m a mother of two amazing boys – they are 13 and 12.
- I’m a life coach.
- I consult on powerful, transformational and healing projects.
- I am passionate about the relationship between food and wellness and am actively translating that into permanent lifestyle changes for me and my family.
- I am an aspiring yogi and a non-practicing runner.
- I am working on “knowing” less and being curious more.
- And when I close my eyes to get away I always end up somewhere sunny, usually with ocean waves lapping at my toes.
Growing up, I was one of those fortunate girls who actually had a pony. I had a barnful of ponies and horses for quite a few years. When I had bad days or something would go wrong, my mother would often remind me to “Look for the pony behind this pile of shit”. Since I was the one cleaning the manure out of all those stalls, that was a very vivid metaphor for me, I could actually see the joy of riding a horse past the manure pile. That message not only stuck with me, but grew inside of me and has come to be one of the primary lenses with which I look out onto this life. I am always looking for the pony; the growth, the joy, the lesson, the fun, the new kernel of knowledge, the surprise, the gift, the …
And it’s with that spirit of adventure (and some pretty sizable trepidation) that I am embarking on this new way to be and to interact in the world. I am excited to find my voice and to have a new venue to share. I can’t wait to see how this turns out!
Marney, April 2013
You can find and follow me on Twitter and Instagram – @milamarney